Electrical Safety

Most DIY electrical jobs in your house need to be approved by the building control department at the council unless they are completed by a fully qualified registered electrician.

Failure to complete electrical work to a high standard can result in faults which can endanger your home and family. The council can insist that you correct any substandard work. You may also find it challenging to sell your home should you not have an electrical safety certificate.

Not all work needs to be reported to your local council. It is always best to check what does need to be reported with your council but some of the jobs that do are minor and major works in Bathrooms, Bedrooms containing a shower or basin, Overhead heating, Communal area of apartments, Garden lighting, Kitchen and Underfloor heating.

There are two ways of notifying the council of electrical work carried out. Firstly you can contact the local authority building control, they will come to your home to inspect the work and issue a certificate should the work pass. Alternatively, a qualified and registered electrician can issue a self-certificate.

If you make the decision to get a qualified electrician to complete work on your home look no further than J Catterall Electrical Services. We will carry out all work in accordance with safety rules and take care of your compliance certificate.

Why not take a look at some testimonials from a few of our happy customers on yel.com